It does involve some labor in the kitchen to accomplish.
I ensure you though, it is nothing but a labor of love.
Because when you present a beautiful piece of lasagna, paired with freshly toasted garlic bread, the love from the eyes of your family members when they see it will speak volumes.
Okay, so it may not be that dramatic...but you can see where I'm going with this.
It will please the tummies in the house, that's for sure.
Let's take another quick looksie at how wonderful it is:
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 large - 28 oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 - 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 pounds shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz package of lasagna noodles