There are so many different recipes and different ways that it can be made.
Flavors and colors can be added.
Really, it is pretty much limitless what you can do with frosting.
So what is my "go-to" frosting for my baking?
Buttercream of course!!
- It holds it shape well
- It colors easily
- You can add flavor (almond, vanilla, etc)
- It can be turned into chocolate frosting easily
- It is easy to pipe or spread
- Tastes great on cookies, cakes, & cupcakes (of course)
- Great under fondant
- Super easy to make!
This is my favorite recipe for buttercream frosting:
Prep Time: 10 min
Ingredients (Frosts lots of cookies, 24 cup)
- 1 cup butter (I always use salted)
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla or almond flavoring
Cream butter with mixer.
Add powdered sugar slowly, letting it combine with the butter.
Pour in the milk slowly so it doesn't splash.
Add vanilla or almond extract.
Mix until frosting is well combined and peaks start to form and hold their shape.
Pipe or spread onto your cake or cookies!
Powered by Recipage